Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review Series 3/3: What To Expect When You Engage Tian Wei Signature

Confinement food Singapore review

In my final post on Tian Wei Confinement food review services, I am sharing on the company's customer services and why I am so assured by entrusting my confinement meal plans to them, especially when I am giving birth during the circuit breaker period.

Covid-19 has brought so many unprecedented changes to the whole world. I never imagine myself living in a generation whereby a new, deadly and highly contagious virus is circulating around the globe and that the lack of a vaccine is causing so much physical, emotional and economical strain to so many people in various ways. The circuit breaker is the Singapore's government solution to manage with this virus.

For my case, I am heavily pregnant during the Covid-19 outbreak and had to welcome a newborn child during the peak of it.
  • I had to wear a mask when I'm giving birth to my baby. 
  • I had no visitors throughout the entire stay at hospital and confinement. 
  • My parents / in laws / any other potential informal caregivers that I can tap on are not allowed to visit as we were living in different households. 
  • I also had to deal with doing away some of the services which were deemed non-essential such as newborn photography and post natal massage. 
  • Retail shops that were selling baby care products are closed and I had to turn to online shopping to get some of the things which I missed out on purchasing before the circuit breaker is launched. (P.S. I am not a big fan of online shopping because of the waiting time for shipment and the inability to touch and see the product before purchase.
  • Even those Chinese traditional health stores that sells red dates, herbs and herbal bathing packs etc were closed.

So compared to my first pregnancy, these are BIG changes. And it seems like I'm not the only one who is worrying about confinement related plans during this circuit breaker and post circuit breaker period. Check out this article by Mothership that highlighted some challenges which some Singaporean mummies are struggling with.

Find more details of the article at https://mothership.sg/2020/06/confinement-nanny-replacement-singapore/
I can totally understand the concerns of these mummies. We all know that most confinement nannies are Malaysians. To make matters worse, there are a lot of them who are hired informally without applying for proper work permits. At times like these, work permit for confinement nannies is difficult to secure due to the government's restrictions. There might also be additional challenges due to the 14 days Stay Home Notice that the nanny is required to serve in Malaysia and in Singapore (which adds up to 28 days of no income and being away from their families) even after the permit is approved. I heard of some mummies who incurred extra costs of engaging a nanny earlier so she has ample time to complete SHN by the time the baby is born. All these procedures and restrictions can be a real headache. On top of that, there is also the possibility of encountering the "nanny problems", nannies who create more stress than help during the confinement month.

Being a second timer mummy does have some perks. I am confident on how to survive the postpartum experience and how to manage the needs of a newborn. I know what I want and need to get through the confinement period. It also helps when Mr OOPS is a very hands on daddy who can step in to assist me with baby care. The only factor that is out of my control is my confinement meals and I have chosen to entrust this task fully to Tian Wei Signature.  So here's more insight into my interactions with the company and what you can also expect if you were to take up this package.
  • Once I confirmed on my package with the agency, I received a call from the customer service officer to clarify on some details such as my address, my EDD, any dietary preferences and special requests. 
  • One month before my EDD, I received an email reminder to contact the company 1 day before I am discharged from the hospital so as to ensure the meals can be delivered the next day. 
  • Once I give birth, I replied to the email stating my preferred day of delivery. As I delivered via natural birth, I'm only in the hospital for 3d2n. I requested for the meals to be delivered on the day of my discharge so I can have my meal the moment I reach home. Shortly after, I received another call and email confirmation.
  • During the calls, I am informed that lunch will be delivered anytime between 10am-1pm and dinner will be delivered anytime between 4pm-7pm. Due to the Covid-19 situation, the food will be delivered via contactless delivery. 
  • On the day of my discharge, I reached home about 12pm and is pleased to see that the food had already arrived!
  • I can easily check on what are my meals for the full 21 days by simply keying in my EDD on this website : https://www.tianweisignature.com/confinement-food-menu/ . In the event that there are any food items that are not to your liking, you can inform in advance of your dietary preferances. I do hear of some friends who avoid eating chicken during the first week of confinement.
  • In the full 21 days, the food had arrived punctually and are always warm inside the thermal bag. On days whereby we did not respond to the doorbell in time, I would receive a call to inform me that my food has arrived and to remind me to pick it up.
  • During the 21 days, I received 2 calls from a customer service officer to check in on the services and to seek any feedback so that they can act on it as soon as possible. They also asked if there were any particular dishes that stood out for me.  I love the fact that they would actively check on the customers so that the feebacks could be attended to promptly.
Confinement food Singapore review
During my confinement, it coincides with Mother's Day. In celebration of Mother's Day, we were given an extra fish dish. Even though it's a free additional dish, the portion is still very generous. 

Afterthoughts:
Since we are relying solely on food delivery service for my meals during this confinement, we have to ensure that the services we received is reliable and does not put on additional stress to our already stressful parenting duties. At any point in time, I can easily contact them via email / phone if there were to be any hiccups or changes in dietary preferences I can't say for all the confinement food delivery services Singapore but I can only say that the experience with Tian Wei had been very reliable and the food had been delicious and unforgettable. Other things that kept us assured included the good hygiene and packaging of the food. Food that were liquid based or had sauces were wrapped with an extra layer of cling wrap to prevent spillage. Basically what they promise to deliver, they were able to do so.

I'm already missing their food already.

The most important benefit of ordering confinement food after delivery is that I do not need to clean up my kitchen, wash any pots and pans or deal with having oily kitchen due to cooking of meals. On Day 22 when my meal delivery services ended, I find myself scrambling to do food preparations, doing some simple light cooking and then cleaning up the mess in the kitchen while attending to 2 kids. The experience is not pleasant and I actually regretted not getting an additional 7 days so that my meals could be catered to the end of the month. Lol.

One additional perk which I like about Tian Wei is their selections of add ons to their packages. At one glance, you can already tell how attentive they are in catering to the needs of confinement mummies and their loved ones. Add on bird's nest for those mummies who wanna pamper themselves, add on a bento box for the daddy or other family members or just add on a full month worth of bathing herbs and that can save you a trip to the Chinese traditional health stores. All the prices are pretty much comparable to if you buy on your own / order delivery if you were to shop around.
The whole confinement food after delivery experience with Tian Wei had been another amazing one. I have always and will continue to recommend this way of doing confinement to a lot of my friends who are currently looking at alternative confinement options. I know it is very unfair for me to compare a confinement nanny to confinement meals which is why I am not doing so. But if you are a mummy-to-be like me, someone who is considering doing the caregiving of the baby by yourself or have informal caregiver support, confinement meals delivered to your doorstep is really the cherry on the cake. I also hope my confinement food after delivery review blog post series gives you some insight into what to expect if you also engage Tian Wei.

If you would like to know what led us to choose Tian Wei Signature out of the many other confinement food delivery services Singapore, kindly refer to Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review 1/3: Why This Confinement Food Delivery Is Our #1 Choice?
If you would like to know the food standards provided by Tian Wei Signature, kindly refer to Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review 2/3: 21 days of Gourmet Adventure

Tata,
Mrs OOPS


Note: All photos are credited to Mr and Mrs OOPS unless otherwise stated. Follow @mrandmrsoops on Instagram for more photo works and updates. This is one of the three sponsored reviews which documents my experiences with a 21 days confinement meal package with Tian Wei Signature (@tianweisignaturesg).

Comments

  1. Nice photography.
    Many thanks for sharing such post. If you visit Europe there is great suggestion to avoid your airport parking hussle compare Gatwick parking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment