Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review 1/3: Why This Confinement Food Delivery Is Our #1 Choice?

Confinement food Singapore review
During my first time pregnancy, my confinement is done with a huge help of my mother in law whom we were staying together with 2 years back. My in laws assisted us in the caregiving of the newborn while my confinement food was with Tian Wei Signature. (Throwback to this blog post: Mrs OOPS 28 Days With Tian Wei Signature Confinement Food! )

Fast forward to the moment my second pregnancy is stabilized, I started to think about my plans for confinement once again. Our lifestyles are pretty much the same except that we have shifted out of our in laws place and are staying at our own flat. With that, there were various options we could consider.

To engage a confinement nanny / a maid to assist us? But then again, there is always this fear about engaging incompatible nannies who ended up creating more anxieties than help. In addition to that, both Mr OOPS and I are uncomfortable about the need to stay with an outsider 
To do confinement entirely on our own, without engaging any assistance? Possible, but being second timer parents, we are both aware about the demands in caring for a newborn. Considering the fact that I would be nursing the postpartum care for at least 2 weeks after delivery, Mr OOPS would probably collapse from doing confinement single-handedly, which involved care of the mummy, MeimeiOOPS and BabyOOPS, the house work, meals for the people at home, grocery shopping etc. To up things another level, we have an energetic 2 years old toddler doing home based learning instead of going to childcare due to the Covid-19 stiuation. It would be overly-taxing for him.

We figured out that we can go back to what we were comfortable with the last time round, opting for companies that can deliver confinement food after delivery on a daily basis.

What do I look out for when I'm choosing my confinement food delivery service?
1) it's important that I don't have to do any washing up (aka additional housework) after eating
2) the confinement food recipes that they used meets the nutritional needs of a Singaporean Chinese mummy
3) An extensive varieties in their meals (because I don't like to eat the same thing over and over again)
4) the confinement food recipes are catered to breastfeeding mummies which can help me to boost my milk supply
5) excellent and easily accessible customer service which allowed to provide any feedback at any point in time ( pre, during and post period of the delivery period )
6) The food has to be delicious and value for money, simple as that. Some feedback about confinement food providers in Singapore can be they are too salty or too oily.
7) The company needs to be able to deliver what they had promised.
8) No use of MSG.
9) Timely deliveries AND lunch and dinner had to be delivered separately.

Naturally the first company that came to my mind is Tian Wei Signature, since I did my confinement with them previously. Then again, it has been 2 years. I wondered how much the Singapore confinement food industry had changed over the past 2 years and if they are able to keep up with the good service standards which I had experienced back then. As such, I started asking around for feedback from my followers and friends who had proceeded to engage confinement food delivery services in these 2 years and also read up various sites for first hand reviews of the products. I just kept on getting good reviews from this same company... and guess what, it's still Tian Wei Signature. Most importantly, they were able to meet all of my above stated criterias.

With that, we decided to stick back to Tian Wei confinement food Singapore in this second confinement experience. I shall share more about confinement food after delivery review with Tian Wei in my next 2 entries!

Cheers,
Mrs OOPS

Note: All photos are credited to Mr and Mrs OOPS unless otherwise stated. Follow @mrandmrsoops on Instagram for more photo works and updates. This is one of the three sponsored reviews which documents my experiences with a 21 days confinement meal package with Tian Wei Signatures (@tianweisignaturesg).

Comments