Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review 2/3: 21 days of Gourmet Adventure

I'm a foodie who loves varieties and I would go the extra extra mile to hunt for delicious food just to satisfy my taste buds. When I think confinement food, the first foods that come to my mind would be pig trotter's vinegar, papaya fish soup, black chicken herbal soups etc. Well, these are delicious but I really cannot imagine myself eating these food again and again for one full month. That would be horrible...So honestly, the initial thought of going through confinement DOES NOT sound exciting to me. However, after exploring options with hubby and deciding on engaging Tian Wei Signature, I'm just thrilled for confinement to start.

Confinement food after delivery

(Check out: Tian Wei Confinement Food Singapore Review 1/3: Why This Confinement Food Delivery Is Our #1 Choice?)

For this post, you may have noticed that I used "Gourmet Adventure" to title this post because there's no better way to describe the whole experience. I'm jumping straight into the details of the food I savored during this second confinement

Huge Varieties of Food with unique dishes on a daily basis
What I like about Tian Wei is their commitment to create a huge variety of confinement food recipes singapore using different cooking methods and important ingredients that can boost up my body's recovery during the postpartum period. I'm a huge fan of their herbal soups because they come in such large portions. Look at the number of dishes they have to offer per item.

Confinement food singapore recipes Singapore
Image from Tian Wei Signature

Something new that I realised by the end of my confinement is the lack of spicy food in confinement food. So I went to do a quick search and realised that traditionally, spicy food is believed to cause constipation which can affect the recovery of the uterus. Even if you are a fan of spicy food (like me), you may forget about the need for that because time flies when you are busy savouring the various dishes everyday.

No use of MSG in their food and very generous portions
Cooking confinement food using natural ingredients and no MSG is very important to me. I observed Tian Wei being very generous in the amount of ingredients they use which really contributed to the flavours of the dishes. In each box, you would be able to see all the different types of ingredients that goes into creating every single dish. And of course, each box of food is always filled to the brim!

Look at the generous amounts of fish and the accompanying ingredients.

Braised Pork Trotter in Pig Vinegar.... With the egg! Yum

Black Chicken Soup with black beans soup.


Food is nicely packed, served warm and punctual
Lunch reaches at around 11am-12pm and dinner reaches at about 4-5pm daily. More plus plus points is that the food they delivered is literally hot delicious home cooked food. Even the red date tea are served warm, so there is no need to reheat the food and drinks.

Happiness is seeing the familiar red thermal bag hanging outside my door, with the warm food inside.

Their Signature Fusion Confinement Meals
The absolute turn on for me is these fusion confinement meals that are cooked using traditional confinement ingredients. As I mentioned, I love eating all sorts of cuisine so I cannot deal with just eating Chinese food for lunch and dinner for 21 days. These fusion meals are good buffers that brings excitement to the tastebuds. Here are some of the fusion dishes which I managed to try this time round.

Seared salmon with cauliflower puree, red bean paste dessert and the 3 coloured grains 

Instead of the usual grains, they also serve spaghetti occasionally. Definitely one of my favourite moments - slurping spaghetti. 


The classic Coq Au Vin with a nice red wine aroma once you opened the box! Instead of a herbal soup, it comes with a white fungue papaya dessert soup =)

This chicken chop dish is one of my favourite dish this time round!

Excessive Use Of Milk Boosting Ingredients 
Since my milk is the only food source for meimeioops, I want to make sure that I can produce enough milk and that my milk is of good quality! With that, eating well is super important because my food intake affects the quality of my milk. So I appreciate them using a huge variety of milk boosting ingredients in their meals so my meals will not be boring, repetitive and yet healthy. You can expect to savor lactation food such as lady's finger, beetroot, salmon, papaya, spinach and more in your meals.

Check out the classic milk booster soup - green papaya fish  milk soup which is accompanied with noodles, stewed chicken and broccoli

Besides milk boosting soups, I also observed them using milk boosting ingredients such as oats, barley grains and millets in the staples.

Afterthoughts:
I don't deny that there is a wealth of knowledge behind confinement food origins and the importance of it. But for layman people like myself, I don't do any research to learn more about confinement food after delivery because I'm simply not interested. By engaging confinement food delivery services, there was never a day whereby I would have to crack my heads worrying what I need to eat in order to "eat right" because all the confinement food recipes are specially curated to meet the needs of a postpartum mummy.  I can focus on doing mummy duties such as nursing my baby, changing the diapers, bathing baby, doing home based learning with my toddler etc. On top of that, my loved ones are feeling very assured that I am eating well.  So I'm absolutely satisfied with the confinement food delivery package.

This time round, we had the 21 days Double Lunch and Dinner package (42 meals in total). The package is priced at $1288. This would mean a full meal of 1 staple, 1 meat/fish dish, 1 vegetable dish and 2 red date tea (and inclusive of delivery in a thermal bag to ensure the food is kept warm) would only cost $30.67 a meal. If you were to book the package at least 1 month before your EDD, you would be entitled to a further discount of $68. Super worth it IMHO.

Feel free to contact me / drop me a comment if you have any questions about this confinement food after delivery package and service! Alternatively, you can check out Tian Wei Signature website for more details on their confinement food packages.

With love,
Mrs OOPS



Note: All photos are credited to Mr and Mrs OOPS unless otherwise stated. Follow @mrandmrsoops on Instagram for more photo works and updates. This is one of the three sponsored reviews which documents my experiences with a 21 days confinement meal package with Tian Wei Signature (@tianweisignaturesg).

Comments

  1. I don't deny that there is a wealth of knowledge behind confinement food origins and the importance of it. And Many Thanks for posting.
    i have a great suggestion to avoid your hussle-free airport parking meet and greet manchester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunza is famed for its stunning landscapes, historic forts like Baltit and Altit, serene lakes including Attabad, and vibrant cultural heritage. What Is Hunza Famous For

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment