Post Pregnancy Care - Post Natal Massage Singapore Review : My 5 sessions massage package with PNSG

Post pregnancy care with PNSG

It's my first time engaging post natal massage services with Post Natal Massage Singapore (PNSG) and I promise you I was rather worried at some point due to my negative experiences during the first pregnancy. (Read more about it at this post: Post Pregnancy Care - Post Natal Massage Singapore Review : Why I Chose PNSG?) Thankfully, the post pregnancy care experience with PNSG had been great and I will tell you why in this blog post!

The 5 sessions massage experience:
It had been rather untimely but MeiMeiOOPS was born during the circuit breaker period. As post natal massage was impossible during that period, you can literally imagine my disappointment. Thankfully once we moved into Phase 2, I received a call from PNSG who had all my sessions confirmed. Really efficient.

Over the phone, I was given some instructions to prepare the following.
-2 bath towels
-2 face towels
-a mattress
-kitchen towels

I was also informed of all the dates and timings I have to block out for the massage. If there are any changes due to whatever reasons, we can communicate with our therapist to make the changes accordingly.


On the first day of the massage, Auntie Saleha came and gave me a rundown of what I can expect during the entire massage experience, the benefits of postnatal massage, the type of oils she's using  etc.  She also made effort to check in on any possible past experiences I had with postnatal massage so she can make the entire massage experience a pleasant one. These information are all available in the handbook which was given to me.


These are the different massage lotions which are used and applied inside the binder. The unlabelled bottle contained grapeseed oil.

The baby telon oil is given to us so we can do baby massage. It is safe for babies but it is still important to do a skin testing before using in case of any allergies / sensitive skin.


Due to the Covid-19 situation, I observed that Auntie Saleha had taken up the following extra precautionary measures while not compromising on service delivery:
-washing of hands and doing the necessary sanitation once she entered my house
-doing temperature checks for myself and herself to ensure there is no fever
-location tracking of herself so as to faciliate contact tracing (touchwood) if needed
-wearing of mask throughout the entire duration
-washing of hands after completing the session

Each massage session is about 60 minutes long with 15 minutes for tying of the binder. Although grapeseed oil was used, the therapist would massage until the oil gets absorbed by the skin and she would wipe off the excess with a towel. This prevents my skin from becoming too oily. (On this note, I would recommend taking a bath before you start the massage.)

Post natal massage is something that is very different from the usual massage. Besides relieving soreness and knots in the muscles, it focuses alot on the womb recovery and reduces the water retention and "wind" that is still inside the body. Don't be surprised if you fart alot after the session. HAHA. The massage will also relief engorged boobs which are stinging from pain. Again, don't be surprised if you see milk squirting out while your boobs are being taken care of. LOL. 


After the massage, the therapist would help me to wear the binder which is customized based on my body size. The post partum lotions would be applied on the tummy area before I wear the binder. I am required to wear the binder for at least 6 hours and more. 


While wearing the binder, I am still able to breastfeed comfortably and continue with my daily tasks and routines. To be honest, it is not the most comfortable feeling. Afterall, it's still something really tight hugging your tummy and pelvic area for so many hours. But I started to see the effects of post natal slimming at about the 3rd day. My sagging muffin top is actually less saggy. To sweeten the whole post natal slimming process, I was able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy shorts and pants. I was almost on the verge of giving them away because I was so depressed from not being able to wear them. 

Post natal slimming 
Firm up those tummy fats!!!

On my second last day of the treatment, Auntie Saleha went through the steps of baby massage with me and gave important reminders on what are the things to look out for to avoid injuring the baby. A good baby massage can help to get rid of the unwanted air in a baby's tummy (which can eventually lead to colic) and to stimulate the digestive systems (which can help them to poop and/or fart)! Happy baby = Happy mummy!

My experiences with Auntie Saleha:
Auntie Saleha had definitely exceeded my expectations. She is not just skillful in her massage skills. She observed good professional ethics and would pass down good knowledge about post partum care. She is also very punctual. In all the 5 sessions, she always reach at least 10 minutes prior to the session to do the necessary set up and get herself prepared for the massage. I enjoyed the little conversations we had during the massage which are a form of stress reliever. Lastly, upon learning about my negative experiences with binding, she made sure to check in with me about my comfort level while she was tying the binder and slowly increasing the tightness everyday. 



Price and payment:
The price for a 5 days massage package is priced at $578 with no additional charges. This price includes your personalized binder which you get to keep at the end of the sessions, a bottle of baby massage oil and a lesson on how to do baby massage for your little one. 

For more pampering, you can also consider their 7 sessions package ($718) or 10 sessions package ($938). The more sessions you take up, the cheaper it cost for one massage session.

The amount can be quite overwhelming to pay in one shot. So the company will just take a deposit from you to chope the service and your desired therapist! Afterwhich, payment could be made while receiving the services.  If you are already thinking who to chope, my hint to you would be Auntie Saleha! LOL.

Afterthoughts:
The excitement of being able to start my post natal massage is real and the joy I get from completing the 5 days massage treatment is just love. I am and will continue to recommend all mummies to do post natal massage because it is really one of the biggest self care we can ever give to ourselves after a tiring and physically draining 9 months of pregnancy and delivery. 

One unexpected bonus that came out of this massage is being able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy shorts. I heard about the effects of post natal slimming from post natal massage but I didn't expect to see it so quickly. However, I do think that this massage alone cannot create magic and that I still need to watch my diet and exercise in order to slim down.

Despite my negative experience in the past, I'm happy to find PNSG, a professional post natal massage service and Auntie Saleha who had given me an absolute pleasant experience. Although this is not an essential service, I think it is one of the important services which mummies should invest in for their post natal wellness and recovery. I did so and I hope you can too =D

P.S. To all the hubbies who are wondering what to gift your dear wifey for the tiring pregnancy journey, it's time to buy a post natal massage package. *winks

Cheers,
Mrs OOPS



Note: All photos are credited to Mr and Mrs OOPS unless otherwise stated. Follow @mrandmrsoops on Instagram for more photo works and updates. This is one of the two sponsored reviews which documents my experiences with Post Natal Massage Singapore (@postnatalmassagesingapore)

Comments

  1. Fertility Massage in Rocklin practitioners are trained in the art of gentle yet purposeful touch. They understand the significance of aligning the uterus and pelvic organs to their optimal positions, which can promote proper blood flow and nerve function.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment